- AWA provided significant data and information for the article "A Tool for Every Job: Statewide PMP and Extreme Rainfall Estimation", authored by AECOM in the Western Dam Engineering technical note. Click here to read the article.
- AWA co-authored paper "Assessment of the Extreme Rainfall Event at Nashville, Tennessee and the Surrounding Region on May 1-3-2010" was published in the Journal of the American Water Resources, October 2018 issue. Click here to download a copy of the paper.
- Colorado-New Mexico regional Extreme Precipitation Study Completed late 2018. From Bill McCormick, Chief Colorado Dam Safety, “This is the culmination of many years of hard work by many individuals. Everyone involved in this effort should congratulate themselves for what has been accomplished. I would challenge anyone to read these volumes and not be impressed with what we have done in the interest of advancing the science of extreme precipitation.” The Probable Maximum Precipitation report can be downloaded here.
- AWA provides featured presentation at Mine Water Solutions conference in Vancouver, BC on "Current PMP Estimation and Meteorological Parameter Development for Mining Facilities in Data Limited Regions". A video recording of the presentation can be played from the link above. The slide presentation can be download here.
- AWA begins PMP and meteorological analysis for the El Abra mine in northern Chile. The basin is located in one of the driest locations on Earth-the Atacama Desert. Even in this Hyper Arid region, water management is still needed for the rare times it does rain. Click here to see information about the site and region and click here to learn about the mine operations.
- AWA wins Published Paper of the Year award at the Canadian Dam Association Annual Conference for our work on the Springbank-Elbow River off stream storage PMP project. The unique project was accomplished as part of a team with Stantec, who completed the hydrologic applications and engineering and Alberta Transportation. The paper is available here.
- AWA writes chapter on PMP (chapter 126) in recently published "Handbook on Applied Hydrology, 2nd Edition", click here to take a look at the book on Amazon. Thoroughly revised for the first time in 50 years, this industry-standard resource features chapter contributions from a “who’s who” of international hydrology experts. Compiled by a colleague of the late Dr. Chow, Chow’s Handbook of Applied Hydrology, Second Edition, covers scientific and engineering fundamentals and www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6317065430989176832presents all-new methods, processes, and technologies.